Matt Ferry gave an amazing lecture at the recent Productivity School on the Reasons why agents succeed.
Review this list, and rate yourself in each area 1-10 (1 is completely incompetent and 10 is a master) and share with me either via email or on our next coaching call.
1. Focus on business generation. Systems include: past client and sphere of influence, just listed just door, leads, 800 number leads, FSBOs, expired listings;
2. Prospect earlier in the day. To get it done early, avoid distractions. No news, email, Facebook, phone, until after prospecting. Prepare the night before;
3. Tough on pricing, and go back faster for reductions;
4. Prospect for appointments, not leads. The secret to lead follow-up is now;
5. Track and monitor everything they do. What you track you can improve;
6. Review their business plan weekly;
7. Work on scripts every day. Don’t use it, you lose it. 30 min daily;
8. Stay on schedule at all costs. Freedom is a paradox: discipline gives you freedom, lack of discipline is a prison. My schedule is what I want my life to be;
9. Maintain high standards for themselves. Rules for interruptions, listing price, commission, schedule.
10. Don’t get emotionally involved in their deals. Brings you out of integrity;
11. Have a plan with accountability and structure to make their dreams come true.
Don’t sell yourself short, go ahead and rate yourself 1-10 in each of these areas to give yourself a picture of how you compare to those agents having massive success today.